Saturday, June 8, 2013

"May we have..."

The words every parent hears from their kids.  In our case, these were the words uttered this morning, followed by a request for pancakes from our 2 and very soon-to-be 5 year old. 

I have to admit, pancakes are easy, very easy... But completely not my specialty. Good thing that they are Adam's or our kids would seldom taste the soft, fluffy goodness, sprinkled with blueberries, chocolate chips, or whatever else we may choose to toss in. 

So, in  an attempt to honor Austin and Kaitlyn's request, out came the griddle, the cookbook, and a counter full of ingredients which would soon become a party if Old Betty Crocket's famous pancake recipe. 


Before long, I had squired quite the helper. Pretty cute isn't she?


She's also pretty independent... As she had to pick out her own clothes this morning.  Matching is typically momm'y forte... So I had to chuckle when I saw what she picked out. 


Before long, fluffy pancakes were coming of the griddle, or as Kaitlyn called it, "girdle."  I thought about explaining the difference but decided that that lesson was better saved for several years down the road. 


I'd offer to invite you over to enjoy some of the pancakes, but they may be all gone. 


And I think they met approval!  

Happy Saturday, everyone!




No comments: